Tuesday, January 8, 2008

classical, tension

i hope to be able to be more at peace this year with the tension of humanity. you know how it is: there you are enjoying life and then nighttime comes and you feel mortal. or: you make a commitment to be a better human and love deeply and care about all and then you find yourself treating someone like crap or eating food out of season.

with my whole heart i have been trying to be a good consumer. and i mean it when i say good. i am trying to buy cleaning products that are not harmful to the environment or to my family, we try to buy local and organic food; i dream of building a home out of straw bale and local resources that is off the grid.

each step takes me closer. and with each step i must be careful. i do not want to hurt others in the process nor do i want to make this an obsession and lose the meaning of the desire- which is love, goodness, creativity and responsibility= heaven.

so, i checked out a book called:
The Global warming survival handbook : 77 essential skills to stop climate change-- or live through it /
by Rothschild, David

and i am trying to take itty bitty steps in our home and at work.

i shop at a dented goods store. it is my absolute favorite, because you never know what you will find there! i found that they had the compact fluoresecent (cfl) bulbs that save lots of energy. see my lovely picture.

get this: if every american household replaced at least one of their incandescent bulbs with a cfl we would be able to prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to annual emissions of nearly 800,000 cars.

i believe with all my heart that if we all make an effort and do something to care we are creating heaven.

care. it's the best.

2 comments:

Casey said...

PLEEEEEASE keep posting. I really do love it. Do you care if I recommend your blog on mine?

Re: Videos....hmmmm. This is what I do: All of the videos posted on my blog were taken with my digital camera, so I upload them onto my computer, and from their onto the blog, using "blogger". (Click on the picture of film next to the picture of the photo on the new post page. does that make sense?) I havent mastered the skill of transferring video from our camcorder to the blog, nor do I think I am capable :) Friends of mine upload theirs onto YouTube or GoogleVideos and go from there...

Hope thats a little bit helpful...
I'm gonna have to check out that book you mentioned. Have you heard that Shane Claiborne is coming out with a new one? Politics + Jesus is the subject matter! I'm excited.
casey

KJ said...

I look forward to living in a clay house with you!