Sunday, January 6, 2008

commitments

Today is the day of the baby shower for our friend Lindsay and Erik. There is a lot of anticipation for us because it is almost like it is our baby. We are grateful that our son will be almost a year old when their baby is born- so we are able to pass on almost everything from his first year. Since we aren't able to give them ginormous gifts like we would like to- we decided to wrap up what we bought them in one bag and then put all the other new items or nice items in bags as gifts. I have learned from our friend (Aunt) Erin the art of gifting; everything is special and beautiful in the gifts she gives our son. We wanted to do the same for our friends. Here is what we are giving them:


The other best part about today is that we have officially started paying a babysitter for our date nite. This is a big deal to me because I am a cheapskate, but I now understand that without a quality datenite (3 hours!) each week our relationship stinks.
I have also committed to posting blogs for the next three days... and I'm going to try a video blog.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Attaway Yendra. If only more couples thought as you do.

KJ said...

Im looking forward to seeing this video blog of yours =)